I'm Marta Zielinska I'm a psychologist, coach and trainer. Basically – I love working with people and seeing them grow through different support methods!
I'm passionate about helping expats understand the cultures they're working with, how their own cultural background impacts their expat experience, and (most importantly) what they can do about it!
Growing up, I was interested in all things international. It started with an atlas – which proved to be the most interesting read ever – and continued through learning foreign languages and singing in a choir that hosted international festivals, to getting a corporate job, having regular exposure to people from various global offices and getting certified as a Transformational Coach and Cultural Intelligence (CQ) Practitioner.
In 2015, I came to the UK because I chose to. I wanted to have more international exposure, practice my language skills, and experience “the big world”. What I did not realise is how truly emotional and transformational this experience would be for me!
I cried so many times. I laughed lots as well.
I made so many faux pas.
I made so many language mistakes.
I got frustrated many times.
I learned SO MUCH!
I wanted to go back home too. And then I wanted to stay. And then I was happy again.
I missed my family and friends.
I've been through the emotional rollercoaster and the cultural adaptation process.
I worked with people from all around the world.
I facilitated 700+ transfers in and out of London.
I made this move a success and created a life abroad that I really like, despite of the challenges that come with it.
And you can do that too. But you don't need to go through this alone
I heavily invest in my personal development. This ensures that I can serve you in the best possible way, and provide you with a variety of tools and techniques to support your growth.
Here's some formal information on my qualifications:
- MSc Psychology at Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznan, Poland (Specialties: Organisational Psychology, Health/Positive Psychology) (5-year degree)
- ICF-Accredited Diploma in Transformational Coaching at Animas Centre for Coaching in London, UK (140+ hours of training, practice and coaching)
- Train the Intercultural Trainer Intensive course at European Institute for Intercultural Development (EIFID), Amsterdam, Netherlands (65 hours of training)
- Cultural Intelligence CQ Certified Facilitator Level 1 & 2 at Cultural Intelligence Center in London, UK (40 hours of training)
- Business Trainer certification at Grupa SET in Poznan, Poland (211 hours of theoretical and practical training in group facilitation and developing interpersonal skills)
- Training of Intercultural Trainers at Young SIETAR in Barcelona, Spain (18 hours of training)
- 8+ years in various HR roles, including HR administration, Recruiting, Mobility & Immigration, People & Culture
- Worked as Mobility and Immigration lead for the London office (1500+ people) at McKinsey & Company
- Managed 700+ transfers in and out of London, including application review as well as logistics, immigration, integration and professional development support
- Currently building People Operations and culture at Too Good To Go (in 17 countries and counting!)